In this unit you’ll learn your way around the Fastcall widget. The widget is the main way you interact with Fastcall.
How to open the Fastcall widget
Fastcall is available in the left-footer in Salesforce Lightning. Salesforce calls this the Utility bar. There is a Fastcall Lightning app and your admin may add Fastcall to other Lightning apps in Salesforce. In Salesforce Classic Fastcall the left sidebar of Salesforce Classic, or the right footer of the Salesforce Sales Console (Classic).
Fastcall widget layout
The top of the widget shows the following controls:
- Menu – for accessing settings
- Availability – for changing your availability
Next, you can:
- Search threads by phone number or record name.
- Access to Internal Dialer view.
- Access to Dialpad view.
- Put the softphone in calling mode and when clicking on a phone number in Salesforce will start a call.
- Put the softphone in SMS mode and when clicking on a phone number in Salesforce will open the webchat view in order to send a text.
Fastcall widget menu
The menu allows you to quickly access settings used to control Fastcall. The settings are:
Calling Device: Allows you to change the device you use to make calls. Options include softphone, SIP phone, office phone, mobile phone, or call logger.
Audio Settings: You can use this to change the audio input and output devices in use by the softphone
Caller ID: Allows you to change the outbound caller ID displayed when you make calls.
Call Recording: Allows you to toggle call recording on or off.
Account Settings: Links to the Fastcall settings menu
Twilio Diagnostics: A handy tool for checking your internet connection when using the softphone
Support: Raise a ticket with Fastcall. Whilst we’re always happy to help, try talking to your administrator first, as they may have already encountered the problem.
Help: Access the Fastcall help resources
Record Interactions Thread
Fastcall interaction history threads recent calls, voicemails and SMS.
In the record card, you can:
- Use the Phone icon to place an outbound call.
- Use the Search and Relate tool to change the record associated with the phone number.
- You can also:
- Remove related record.
- Block number.
- Remove all interactions.
- Edit the existing record.
- Create new records.
This is a dial pad for the softphone. It also allows you to send SMS messages if this is enabled.
You can now continue with the other units in the Fastcall Basics module.
Last updated: Fastcall version 8.0.0, 2023-03-17