In this unit you’ll learn your way around the Fastcall widget. The widget is the main way you interact with Fastcall.
How to open the Fastcall widget
Fastcall is available in the left-footer in Salesforce Lightning. Salesforce calls this the Utility bar. There is a Fastcall Lightning app and your admin may add Fastcall to other Lightning apps in Salesforce. In Salesforce Classic Fastcall the left sidebar of Salesforce Classic, or the right footer of the Salesforce Sales Console (Classic).
Fastcall widget layout
The top of the widget shows the following controls:
- Menu – for accessing settings
- Availability – for changing your availability
- Context-sensitive messages – shows key information about the widget
Next, you will see three tabs:
- Settings for the softphone (this is where you select your headset)
- Device (softphone, SIP phone, office phone, mobile or call logger)
- Outbound caller ID
Fastcall has additional tabs at the bottom:
- Phone mode – shows a list of calls
- SMS mode
- Internal Dialer
- Dial pad – shows a dial pad
- Stats – shows statistics about your calls
Availability: This allows you to change your availability to receive inbound calls.
Context sensitive messages: These provide quick hints about the functionality of the widget you’re currently using.
Phone tab: This shows a list of calls, voicemails and SMS messages. You can click on each one to see more.
Fastcall widget menu
The menu allows you to quickly access settings used to control Fastcall. The settings are:
Calling Device: Allows you to change the device you use to make calls. Options include softphone, SIP phone, office phone, mobile phone, or call logger.
Audio Settings: You can use this to change the audio input and output devices in use by the softphone
Caller ID: Allows you to change the outbound caller ID displayed when you make calls.
Call Recording: Allows you to toggle call recording on or off.
Account Settings: Links to the Fastcall settings menu
Twilio Diagnostics: A handy tool for checking your internet connection when using the softphone
Support: Raise a ticket with Fastcall. Whilst we’re always happy to help, try talking to your administrator first, as they may have already encountered the problem.
Help: Access the Fastcall help resources
Here you can see some high-level details about the call. You can:
- Change the record to which the call is related.
- See the type, status, time, and phone numbers involved in the call
- Use the ‘Call Navigator’ to see related calls
- Return the call
- Listen to a voicemail
- Reply with an SMS
- View the task or call record
- Delete the record of the call
This is a dial pad for the softphone. It also allows you to send SMS messages if this is enabled.
This allows you to see your stats and goals.
You can now continue with the other units in the Fastcall Basics module.
Last updated: Fastcall version 6.8.4, 2020-07-23