This training unit covers how to configure the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Action ‘Play Directory’.
This Action causes a Group directory to be played. The Caller can then select a member of the Group to be connected to. The Action has the following settings of note:
- Introductory Automated Message – A Message that plays before the Directory is read out. You should inform the Caller what’s happening and what you expect them to do, for example: ‘Welcome to Fastcall. If you know the person to whom you wish to speak, please choose them from this list.’
- No Answer IVR – The IVR to connect to if the Caller takes no action or there are no Directory members available
- Extension Wait Time – How long to wait for Caller input
- Repeat Times – How many times the Directory will repeat
- Read Directory Names
- Directory Scope – Has to be ‘Group’
- Directory Scope Group – Which Group the Directory is for
- Missed Call Owner Type – ‘User’ or ‘Queue’
- Default Owner
- Send Missed Call notification
Group member names
The names played as part of the Directory are Messages configured on a user-by-user bases, under Fastcall Settings > My Settings > Inbound Settings, Inbound Settings, ‘My Recorded Name’. If a User does not have a Message set under Recorded Name, they will not appear in the Directory.
Last updated: Fastcall v8.0.0, 2023-03-27