This unit covers the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Action ‘Call Transfer’. It covers all call targets and Auto Call Distribution (ACD) strategies apart from Round Robin Queue, which has its own training unit.
Call Transfer does what it says on the tin – it transfers the call to a given target. The target can be:
- A Group
- Fastcall User
- The Record owner (must be a user)
- A phone number, for example, a call center.
In addition, you can specify the following:
- Introductory Automated Message – this should inform the Caller what’s happening, for example ‘Transferring you to your account manager’.
- No Answer IVR – the IVR to which the Caller is directed should the transfer fail
- Record Call – whether or not the Call is to be recorded
Groups – Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Settings
When making a Call Transfer to a Group, Fastcall can use a number of different ACD settings. These are:
- Round Robin – Calls each available Group member in turn. You can configure the number of repeats and the timeout given to each User.
- Simulring – Calls all available Group members simultaneously. You can configure the timeout given to each User.
- Round Robin Queue – places calls on hold.
If the IVR is transferring to a Group, you must change the No Answer Settings to log the Missed Call to either a specific User or a Queue.
Last updated: Fastcall v6.0.6, 2019-05-14