This unit covers the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Action ‘Call Transfer’. It covers all call targets and Auto Call Distribution (ACD) strategies apart from Round Robin Queue, which has its own training unit.
Create a New IVR
To create a new IVR in Fastcall you click the plus icon (+) and then pick the IVR you are creating. For this unit Call Transfer.
Call Transfer does what it says on the tin – it transfers the call to a given target. The target can be:
- A Group, as set in Fastcall
- Fastcall user
- The Record owner (must be a user)
- No record owner (the route used when an owned record is not found)
- A phone number, for example, a call center.
In addition, you can specify the following:
- Introductory Automated Message – this should inform the Caller what’s happening, for example, ‘Transferring you to your account manager’.
Note: You do not use the IVR “Play Message” for this.
- No Answer IVR – the required IVR to which the Caller is directed should the transfer fail to connect to a user. This IVR and the recorded message should be set up first.
Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Settings
When making a Call Transfer to a Group, Fastcall can use a number of different ACD settings. These are:
- Round Robin Queue -This option holds ringing calls in a queue waiting for users to become available. See this help page for more info.
- Simulring – Calls all available Group members simultaneously. You can configure the timeout given to each User.
Groups are created in Fastcall and contain Fastcall users. We use the Salesforce Group object and a custom object for added metadata.
When calls are answered by users in a group, each user has an ACD receiver. This is unique from the User’s inbound call route used for phones assigned to a single user. Timing for the ACD is set in the IVR. Keep in mind that each user can set her individual call route for her user phones. User phones and ACD phones are independent.
If the IVR is transferring to a Group, you must change the No Answer Settings to log the Missed Call to either a specific User or a Queue. Fastcall also supports creating Open Tasks for missed calls or creating Cases.
Missed Call Settings
Fastcall can send a missed call email to a single user or to all users in the group. Check here for more info.
Other Fastcall IVR Options
Fastcall IVRs will listen for other options during the greeting. For example, if a Fastcall group has an extension, the caller can enter that while listening to the prompts. Or the caller can enter an employee extension.
“Thank you for calling. Please listen to the following options. If you know the extension of the person you want to reach, dial it at any time.”
ACD transfer settings can be set for groups
The extension can be added to a group.
Last updated: Fastcall v8.0.0, 2023-03-28