This unit covers the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Action ‘Call Transfer’. It covers all call targets and Auto Call Distribution (ACD) strategies apart from Round Robin Queue, which has its own training unit.
Call Transfer does what it says on the tin – it transfers the call to a given target. The target can be:
- A Group
- A particular User
- The Record owner (this will require Fastcall to be able to identify the Record to which the call is related – if it fails, it will fall back to the ‘No answer IVR’)
- A phone number
In addition, you can specify the following:
- Introductory Automated Message – this should inform the Caller what’s happening, for example ‘Transferring you to your account manager’.
- No Answer IVR – the IVR to which the Caller is directed should the transfer fail
- Record Call – whether or not the Call is to be recorded
Groups – Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) Settings
When making a Call Transfer to a Group, Fastcall can use a number of different ACD settings. These are:
- Round Robin – Calls each available Group member in turn. You can configure the number of repeats and the timeout given to each User.
- Simulring – Calls all available Group members simultaneously. You can configure the timeout given to each User.
- Round Robin Queue – Only available when Salesforce Omni-Channel is enabled – see separate training unit
If the IVR is transfering to a Group, you must change the No Answer Settings to log the Missed Call to either a specific User or a Queue if Salesforce Omni-Channel is enabled.
Last updated: Fastcall v6.0.6, 2019-01-21