This training unit covers how to configure the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Action ‘Voicemail’.
The voicemail IVR action sends the caller to a voicemail box. The resulting Voicemail can be owned by a User or a Queue. A Salesforce task must be owned by a User. If the Voicemail is owned by a queue, then a Task will not be created. Fastcall gives the option to create a Task or Case for missed calls. Voicemail is set on the same field used for call recordings.
Record your greetings and create your voicemail IVRs first because these are added to your other primary IVRs. .
The settings for a Voicemail action are:
- Message “We’re sorry we can’t help you right now, please leave a message”
- Messages can be text, recordings hosted by Twilio or MP3 files hosted elsewhere.
- Voicemail Owner type: Either User or Salesforce Queue
- Voicemail Owner: The Voicemail object will be assigned to this owner – it should be the person who’s responsibility it is to action the message
- Enable Voicemail Transcription: Enables Twilio transcription for the voicemail
Last updated: Fastcall v6.0.6, 2019-05-14