This unit covers how to set up call goals and planned calls for your users.
The settings for goals are found under Fastcall Settings > Admin Settings > Call Goals > Goals. The table here allows you to filter your goals, create, edit and delete them. Use the + sign in the upper right to add a new goal.
Monthly call goals for users and groups:
Call Goals for users and groups have the following properties:
- Assigned to – Call goals are assigned to users or groups
- Objective – The count of calls that must exist to meet the goal
- Goals are expressed monthly. Example 500 calls in the month for the user or group
Call count per record – planned calls
Goals of this type are a count of calls associated with a particular record in a period, for example ‘7 calls in 7 weeks’. The future calls are created as planned calls. These Goals have the following additional properties:
- Period weeks – the period over which the Calls must be made
- Object – number of calls over the period to the record
- Call schedule: planned calls will be scheduled out over the number of weeks beginning with the first call
- Accomplished Criteria – If a particular Call Result is recorded, or the record related to the Call has a field changed to a particular value, the Goal Snapshot can be set as ‘accomplished’ even though the count of calls has not been met. For example, converting a Lead should count as a met Goal, even if it took one call, instead of seven.
Progress towards goals is measured by the count of connected outbound calls. When the count of calls reaches the objective set for the goal, it is accomplished. Planned calls have accomplished and failed criteria. Goals can be accomplished early if a particular Call Result is recorded or if a field on the record is set to a particular value. Example: Call Result = Conversation. An example of a field value might be Lead Status. Meeting the accomplished or failed criteria stops the call plan.
Fastcall will schedule each planned call after the completed call. Fastcall schedules the follow-up calls using the default timing which can be edited. Days are expressed in the number of days after the prior call.
Dialing planned calls
Each planned call creates a new call record with a status = planned. For example, after Call1 is completed, a new call is created with Status = Planned. The planned call must be initiated from the call record. Your list of planned calls can be inserted into the Fastcall dial by list. There is a sample View for the calls object in the application with a list of planned calls. Filter the View as needed.
Reporting for planned calls
We will report the dates of the planned and actual calls for detailed reporting.
Fastcall stores progress towards goals as goal snapshots. There will be one snapshot per goal per period, and each completed Call will increment the ‘value’ by 1. If the ‘goal’ is met before the period end, the status will change to ‘accomplished’, otherwise, it will change to ‘failed’.
For Goals of Type ‘Call Count per Record’, one goal snapshot is created per record attempted – the goal snapshot does not exist until a call is made to the particular record.
Progress towards goal snapshots can be viewed from the Fastcall Dashboard, but you may wish to create your own Salesforce reports to do this.
In order to use Records of any given Object for this Goal, the Object must be set as a Managed Object in Fastcall Settings > Admin Settings > Call Handling > Managed Objects. See the training module about Call Logging to understand more about Managed Objects.
Last updated: Fastcall v6.88, 2020-11-03