FASTCALL INTERACTIVE VOICE RESPONSE NEWS:
Your org uses Fastcall IVR (Fastcall Interactive Voice Response) to handle ongoing calls. An IVR tells Fastcall to perform a certain action, like playing a message, interacting with the person on the call, or modifying the flow of the call.
I am writing to tell you about recent updates. We improved the interface design, and the phone number options. We are generating more editable options for different types of IVR: Menu, Directory and Time Based Routing. Last but not least, we have new options for IVR Directory (No answer)
IVR – MENU:
The timeout setting defines how long to wait for user input; repeat intro message tells the IVR how many time to play the message. We these time out, we proceed with No Answer IVR. If the No Answer IVR is empty the call ends. The IVR will accept the user’s input before the message is finished.
IVR – DIRECTORY:
- When using the directory, if no extension (user) is given , the call proceeds to the No Answer option
- When a transferred call to the user is not answered the call routes to user’s Voicemail (if enabled)
- If no Voicemail, the call routes to the No Answer IVR.
- If no Voicemail and No Answer IVR is empty, the call ends.
- Directory accepts “early extensions”, callers may enter an extension before the system finishes playing all options.
IVR – TIME BASED ROUTING: Supports TIME OF THE DAY and DAY OF THE WEEK.
MEDIA FILE FOR VOICEMAIL AND IVR:
The messages that are used for IVR, Voicemail, were limited to text or messages only recorded by phone in Fastcall. We now support posting a URL with an audio file as a recorded message.
- Option1: upload file to Salesforce
- Option2: upload file to another server and give Fastcall the URL
The idea here is to give the admin the ability to use media files that already exists and/or record media outside Fastcall (using professional equipment and not a phone)
OVERFLOW ACTION IN IVR:
Overflow routes calls to a single number usually a call center or just a single phone in the office. This is basically a record with a single call receiver, but a fastcall user and user status the overflow call receiver is always available; does not go offline. When calls overflow, we are able to report this.
- Create task when transferring to overflow phone number
- Add a “No answer IVR” when transferring to overflow phone number
- Allow recording when transferring to overflow phone number
- Create UI for transferring to overflow phone number
FASTCALL DATA MODEL
The receiving IVR is reported on the call.
TO LEARN MORE GO TO:
- Fastcall Announces Callme - September 11, 2019
- SMS automation - February 26, 2019
- Fastcall Version 5.0 - March 9, 2018