This page is closely related to STIR/SHAKEN registration requirements for phone calls. Here we will specifically talk about SMS registration. STIR/SHAKEN is the registration process introduced by the FCC to prevent spam phone calls and verify caller ID. The registration for SMS is A2P-10DLC. Yup, that’s what it’s called. A2P = application to person. Any company sending SMS is an application. Even if you are sending an SMS from one person to another (P2P).
Just like STIR/SHAKEN is an ongoing process with the FCC, SMS regulations are evolving.
Fastcall will help manage this process for you
The requirements are similar to STIR/SHAKEN. We add additional details about the SMS campaign. These messages are considered campaigns. Again, even if these are individual messages.
- Legal Business Name
- Physical Address
- Business Type (Sole Proprietorship/Partnership/Corporation /Co-Operative/LLC/Non-Profit)
- Company Type (Private/Public)
- Stock Ticker & Exchange (if Public)
- Business Registration Number/Tax EIN and Type (DUNS or Business License)
- Social Media Profile URL (LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook)
- Regions of Operations (USA, etc.)Name and phone of an executive contact (VP or above)
Next, we will add some details about your SMS usage:
- The A2P use case (customer service?)
- A short description of the use case
- Two basic sample messages for the use case
- Select whether your messages will include embedded links and/or phone numbers (yes or no)