This option places calls on hold vs the basic round robin that just attempts each user in a circle.
The ACD holds incoming telephone calls in a queue until the next agent is available.
Omni-Channel Setup is highly organisation dependent and fairly involved. Rather than attempt to walk you through it here, we recommend following the Trailhead module Omni-Channel Basics. Instead of routing Cases as per the Salesforce example, set your Service Channel up to handle Fastcall Call Objects.
You will need to configure the following settings:
- Action: Call Transfer
- Transfer Target: Group
- ACD Strategy: Round Robin Queue
It’s also advisable to configure the other settings. Of note:
- Introductory Automated Message: This will play when the IVR is activated and the Call is placed in the Queue. Should be configured to play a greeting.
- Round Repeat Times: How many times the Round Robin goes through its users.
- Queue No Answer Timeout: Should be set to the maximim time you want people to wait in the queue before it counts as ‘no answer’.
- Use Waiting Audio & Queue Waiting Audio: This audio is played while the user waits. Try some soothing music.
- Say Position in Queue & Position Message: A robot voice that is played in between the Queue Waiting Audio. If there’s no Queue Waiting Audio, this will loop.
- No Answer IVR: See the training unit on IVRs, but this is where you can direct the Caller to voicemail or back to a main menu.
Once the IVR is configured, you will need to assign it as the Inbound Routing behaviour for a Phone number, or trigger it from another IVR as per the training unit on IVRs.
Round Robin Queue behaviour
When a Call comes in the Introductory Automated Message will play. The Call Object will then be created by Fastcall and placed in the Queue for distribution. The first caller in the Queue will be offered out via the Fastcall Widget as a ringing phone call, which will go around the available users as a Round Robin. When a User picks up, the caller is removed from the Queue and the next one pulled down and distributed via the Round Robin. While in the Queue, the caller will hear the Waiting Audio and Position Message. If a caller is in the queue longer than the Queue No Answer Timeout, they will be redirected to the No Answer IVR.
Under Fastcall Settings > Admin Settings > Call Handling > Upgrade Features, you can enable “Omni-Channel Status”, which will update your Fastcall status whenever you login/logout from Omni-Channel. This is useful if your agents are primarily acting from a Salesforce Lightning Service Console.
Last updated: Fastcall v6.0.6, 2019-05-15