There are a few steps required to add and manage users in Fastcall; all managed 100% inside Salesforce
Salesforce manages licenses in two ways. Subscriptions are purchased in Salesforce under a page called MyAccount. Billing – credit card – is also managed on this Salesforce page. Then, purchased licenses are assigned to your users. So two steps. You can assign licenses directly in Salesforce on your user records or in Salesforce setup under “packages.” When you use Fastcall to add users, we manage the assignment of the license, permission set, and call center file for you. Keep in mind, when you need to purchase additional licenses you do so from the Appexchange under MyAccount.
Once you purchase the licenses in the AppExchange, adding users in Fastcall is super easy.
- Fastcall lists your users under our user panel (under Admin settings.) Click the “+” to Add Users; we manage the assignment of the Fastcall application license; the Fastcall permission set and the Fastcall call center file.
- You can also release users from the user panel (or do so directly on the Salesforce user record under Salesforce settings.)
- From the Fastcall user panel, you click on the user’s name to see details. The option “Change to user Profile” shows you the user’s settings as the user would see them.
- There is an icon to bulk edit your users. You will see a box to select your users, then an option for bulk editing. Settings available include call receivers, regions settings, call recording and voicemail. Selecting the option reveals the specific settings. Of course, each user will have the same setting when edited this way.
NOTE: When releasing a user you will also need to remove the user from any phone number assignments, groups etc. We will show these to you.
Keep in mind that one license is used by the site guest user – see details below. If you have 10 users your org, you need 11 licenses.
TIP: My Account in Salesforce lists all your installed apps. This is where you purchase additional licenses and update your credit card.
Fastcall will list your licensed users on a page named user panel (image above). Use the “+” icon to add your Fastcall users. We assign the license, give the user the Fastcall permission set and call center file. These steps can also be done directly on the Salesforce user record – see details below. Easy.
NOTE: Releasing users does not cancel the Fastcall subscription.
Admins will see the admin settings in Fastcall; standard users only their own user settings. Admins can view settings as the user by clicking “Change to User Profile.” Depending on your needs, either the end user will manage her own settings, or you will do so for her as the org admin.
Users have the following settings:
- User Settings
- Inbound Routing
- Provisioned Phone Numbers
- SMS Templates
See our users guide for more info on end-user settings.
Alternative Setup Using the Salesforce User Record
On the Salesforce user record, you will find an application license for Fastcall, user and/or admin permission sets and the Fastcall call center file. And while we manage these assignments for you, you can also edit these directly on the Salesforce user record.
Salesforce Setup -> Manage Users -> Permission Sets -> Fastcall User
Site Guest User: A license for the site guest user is required by Salesforce. As a native application, we adhere 100% to the Salesforce licensing model, and Salesforce requires the site guest user to have a license. The Site communicates with Twilio. Just as Salesforce requires a license for an API user, a license is required for the Site. And while Salesforce uses this license, they do not show it under setup/packages. The license is used but not managed with user licenses. Fastcall would very much like to find a workaround for this, but there are none. Salesforce is very confusing here. The license used by the site guest is not available to assign to a user.