You most likely know that Fastcall can be used for inbound call routing and you know about the Fastcall softphone. This page describes how to use the Fastcall softphone to answer inbound calls in Salesforce using Open CTI.
When working in the “classic” Salesforce page layout, the detail record for your inbound call will pop in a new browser tab. The call will be logged in the tab where the call was answered. In Salesforce Console this is all managed within Console.
You may need to update your popup blocker to allow the tab to open when on a standard Salesforce page layout. This is not required in Salesforce Sales Console.
- Fastcall will only ring the softphone and pop the matching record if you are logged into Salesforce and on a page containing the call center file (widget.) For example, if you are reading a report (a page with no Fastcall widget) the softphone will not ring in Salesforce.
- Fastcall has a “simulring” option where more than one phone rings at a time. This allows you to ring the softphone and your mobile, for example. You will answer the call in the most convenient phone. Simulring will give you notification outside Salesforce. With simulring, first to answer gets the call.
- You will want to use either Fastcall voicemail; simulring, overflow phone; and/or be logged into Salesforce to answer the incoming call in the softphone otherwise, the call will have nowhere to go.
- Fastcall basic inbound supports one phone number per user. If you want to assign multiple inbound phone numbers see our ACD option (Auto Call Distribution.)
NOTE: Fastcall does not recommend Firefox for inbound calls using the softphone. Firefox will ask for permission to use your microphone with every inbound call. This is a Firefox restriction, not Fastcall. Chrome does not have this issue.
The missed call in the widget has a search option to find a contact or create a new lead. Fastcall also marks the Task as a missed call.
If the missed call is no longer recent, the Task exists – but with no lookup to a record. Any “inbound call” tasks in Salesforce with no related contact is a missed call.
If the task exists, the user should either lookup the related record, delete the task, or otherwise mark the task as junk. Fastcall has a custom button used to assign the call based on the caller ID (from number.) We consider these “orphaned tasks” that need to be triaged. Keep in mind that the button must be added to the Task page layout.
Creating a report of Tasks with no related records will show you calls that need to be triaged.
- Search for a related record
- If none, create a new lead
- Return the missed call
Advanced setting: Salesforce gives the option to customize the softphone with your search preferences and Fastcall will honor these settings. By default, Fastcall manages inbound search in our widget.
- Go to the the Salesforce setup menu
- Search for call Center
- Then softphone layouts.
You may need to create a new layout (name it Fastcall.) Then you need to edit settings under CTI 2.0