Note: In order to dial and control your phone calls, you will connect Twilio to FastCall. Twilio is a web service used by FastCall to enable dialing and phone call control. Connecting Twilio allows you to dial either with your existing phone (click-to-call); or using our softphone (calling using only your browser and a headset). Twilio is also required for answering and routing inbound calls. Your Twilio settings are managed entirely in FastCall. Please complete these steps in order.
- In Salesforce, navigate to FastCall Settings > VoIP Settings > Connect with Twilio.
- Click the button to Connect with Twilio.
- If you are not logged in already in the same web browser, Twilio will ask you for your user and password.
- IMPORTANT: Twilio MAY ask you whether you want to use the account associated with these credentials, or create a new one. It’s important that you do NOT create a new account, but just use the existent one.
- Once connected, you will be redirected to FastCall and you will see the Twilio connected account SID – this is the sub-account that was automatically created by Twilio as part of the connection process. You will also see the parent Twilio account SID, this is the account you logged in to. FastCall has no access to the parent Twilio account, we just show the SID.
Your phone setup must happen in FastCall. Any previously existing phone numbers in your Twilio account are not carried over to the connected FastCall sub-account. You may port existing phones numbers to Twilio: you will need to ask Twilio to move these numbers to the FastCall connected sub-account; not your parent Twilio account. If adding new numbers, the phone numbers must be provisioned using the FastCall application, for the number to be usable in FastCall.
If you are testing FastCall in a sbox, use a separate, test Twilio account for the sbox. Do not use the same twilio account for a sbox and production install.
Dialing from/to phone numbers outside of the US or Canada
If you’re dialing to/from phone numbers outside of the US or Canada, you will need to enable international dialing on your Twilio account. See here for more info on international dialing.